Marketing and Communications Committee
Marketing & Communications Committee
Use your PR, advertising and writing know-how at a national level and learn from other AWC pros! MarComm promotes the AWC brand and works to develop the AWC name and image. Publicizes activities such as AWC Chats, the Clarion Awards, the National Conference, and Professional Development programs. Meets monthly by conference call.
Trending, the AWC Blog
Launched in March 2018, Trending is primarily a vehicle for our members. It’s important that we offer a venue for our members to be published, to share the expertise of our members, and to advance AWC as a thought leader in the communication industry. You can see our blog at http://womenincommunications.org.
Communique, the AWC Newsletter
Our newsletter has been evolving and at this point we are considering periodic email newsletters – kind of an expansion of what the National Office sends out now. We need someone to collect stories and pass them along to the National office for publication - recruit stories from Chapters, and probably write some of the copy. This would be a good opportunity for someone to develop the new shape and face of this old AWC member news publication.
AWC National Social Media
We are concentrating on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. We need people to
- Find and share communications-related posts,
- Create graphics,
- Monitor the chapter accounts and share their news and events.
Marketing for Other Committees and National Events
- Membership Committee usually creates their own marketing pieces, but we need to get them out to our various accounts.
- ProDev – We need someone to work with webinar or conference speakers to encourage people to tune in.
- blog posts for Trending
- LinkedIn posts
- sharing their upcoming AWC engagement with their followers
- Clarion Awards Campaign –
- Create series of social media posts for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Recruit testimonials, tips, etc. from past winners
- Encourage Chapters to promote entry in their local business newspapers, through other local communications organizations (PRSA, AMA, etc.), and direct to potential applicants- agencies (marketing, advertising, training), publications, bloggers, etc.
- Conference – work with Conference Committee to publicize and encourage people to register.
Time commitment: 3-5 hours a month.
To join the Committee, please complete this form.
(You must be logged in to complete the form)
Peggy Fleming, Committee Chair